A man's Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded next to his bed "like a firework" leaving his room filled with smoke.
Darren Healy jolted awake to the terrifying sound of his phone exploding just inches from his face.
He said: “I went to bed and next thing I know, I was in a nightmare. I heard this hissing sound – my phone looked like a firework going off and the room was filled with smoke.
“I was so scared. We have three cats and I just wanted to get them and run out the house.”
Quick-thinking Darren from Longsight grabbed the phone using a t-shirt and threw it in the sink, but the smoke lingered in the room for hours and caused damage to the bedside table, reports Manchester Evening News