Girls playing the "high five" game in a Butler County school deliberately exposed a classmate to pineapple juice, knowing she has a serious allergy to it, police said.
Police said one of them soaked her hand in pineapple juice and made the rounds in the Butler Intermediate High School lunch room, high-fiving other children, until she got to the 14-year-old victim, the Trib's news partner, WPXI-TV, reported.
"This was an intentional act," Butler Township police Lt. Matt Pearson said. "They sat at the lunch table right next to her and talked about doing it. Some had reservations, but they went through with it."
Police said two 14-year-olds and a 13-year-old devised the plan, knowing the victim was allergic and could go into anaphylactic shock, which she did.